Hot Dog definition:
Pronunciation: (hot’dôg”, -dog”), [key]
—v., -dogged, -dog•ging,
1. to perform unusual or very intricate maneuvers in a sport, esp. surfing or skiing.
2. to perform in a recklessly or flamboyantly skillful manner, as in a sport or athletic activity; show off. —adj.
1. skillful or excellent, as in sports performance.
2. of, indicating, or for a type of sports activity, esp. surfing or skiing, in which intricate and potentially dangerous stunts are performed.
3. intended or done to draw attention; showy or sensational. Also,hot’dog”.
Taken from: http://www.infoplease.com/ipd/A0480404.html
The history behind the “Hot Dog” movement.
Hot Dog skiing, By Bob “Boogie” Mann.
A brief but very educational over view of this historic movement can be found at. (http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&id=4NJyHZxiw1YC&dq=hot+dog+skiing&printsec=frontcover&source=web&ots=sOEmqdvURB&sig=hxfxtB9LRxZPGSG-8N5gYBOp31U#PPA10,M1) The preview which includes mostly pictures and some wonderful text is a perfect opportunity to culture yourself APRES STYLE. For any of our readers who are not 100% sure they follow us when we refer to or why we are obsessed with the term “Hot Dog,” please read take a minute to read this.
To purchase the complete edition: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/002-7169127-1380038?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hot+dog+skiing+by+bob+mann&x=13&y=21